Before August 1955
Originally our church was located on Main Street of Union City, CT until was washed away in August 1955 by the flood. Here is how the church building looked.
When the water dried up
Not too much left after the flood except the stairs and the church bell.
Mass at the cemetery
Since the people had no church building to worship they gathered at the cemetery and celebrated Holy Mass.
Rebuilding the church
They have decided to rebuild the church at the present location - 118 Prospect Street
Union City, CT.
Blessing of cornerstone
After three years of hard work, in September 1957, the cornerstone has been placed and blessed.