We acknowledge 7 catholic sacraments
1. Baptism and Confirmation. We believe that these 2 are 1 sacrament because Confirmation completes Baptism. Baptism regenerates the soul. Recipients are forgiven their sins through God's grace and become members of the church. Confirmation bestows on recipients the gifts of the Holy Spirit and strength to live the faith.
2. The Word of God. Listening to the priest read the Holy Scriptures and his explanation of them through the sermon helps members to know God's will.
3. Penance. Penance is the confession of and granting forgiveness for sins.
4. Holy Eucharist. The Holy Eucharist is Jesus Christ Himself mystically present in the form of bread and wine - the greatest of all sacraments. Recipients are united with God and their souls are nourished.
5. Holy Unction. Holy Unction is the sacrament of the seriously ill. It brings forgiveness of sins, spiritual and sometimes physical healing, comfort and courage to the recipient.
6. Holy Orders. Holy Orders admit recipients to the priesthood and give them the grace and authority to celebrate Mass and to forgive sins. The authority comes from Christ, through apostolic succession.
7. Holy Matrimony. Matrimony unites a Christian man and woman in marriage forever in the name of God. This sacrament adds holiness, stability and happiness to the union.